So last year wasn't the most spectacular Perl Catalyst Advent we've ever had. Let's see if we can do better this go around! In order to assist, here's a few thoughts on simple articles you can do:
- Take any old article and modernize it...
- ...or show an alternative approach.
- Elaborate or improve on an idea you've previously written about in a blog, or that you read about in some else's blog.
- Cools things you can do now that Catalyst is Plack at the core.
- Alternatives to using the stash to pass data around.
- Examples of applications not using Template Toolkit or DBIx::Class
- Examples of using Catalyst with other frameworks such as Web-Simple and Web-Machine
- Examples of testing, especially anything using Behavior Driven techniques (think rspec or cucumber).
Alternatively we don't need tech oriented articles. I'd be really happy to see some people write something from a business or planning perspective. For example, if you are a CTO or person in planning, something about how you used Catalyst effectively to rapidly meet business goals would be very helpful. Or if someone wanted to look at the results of the recent poll and perform some interesting analysis, I think the community would love to see that.
Lets get it rolling!