Good Morning Catalyst Developers and Users!
A few days ago we closed the Runner development branch and posted Perl Catalyst 5.90060 to CPAN. This was just taking the sixth development release and making it stable, after I could see several hundred passing test cases with the fifth and sixth releases.
Major Changes: (Please see previous announce for more details)
- Migration of some functionality to Middleware. (Upasana++)
- Catalyst now passes the response body directly to the underlying plack handler. This should allow you to take better advantage of streaming response and play nicer with streaming oriented middleware.
- You can now throw HTTP style exceptions and Plack::Middleware::HTTPExceptions will handle it for you.
- Removed Regexp dispatching. If you are still using this long deprecated dispatch you you need to install the backcompat plugin.
- Added tons of notes to Catalyst::Delta regarding proposed deprecations and specification clarifications that are intended to be enforced starting with version 6.000000.
- Bugfixes to error messages around the new Middleware stuff and other minor bugfixes and documentation clarifications.
We'll be announcing the goals and themes of the next development cycle later in the week. Until then check out the current quest list for ideas where we might go in the future.
Thanks, please check it out!